Established in 1979, Chung Ying Theatre Company is a reputed theatre organisation financially supported by the Government of the HKSAR and a Venue Partner of Kwai Tsing Theatre, dedicating to promote dramatic arts and paying special effort on educational and outreach programmes. CYTC is one of the first local theatre companies introducing “Theatre-in-Education” to Hong Kong. To cope with our expansion, we are URGENTLY looking for high calibre professionals to join our dynamic team.
EDUCATION AND OUTREACH OFFICER (MARKETING)
1. To prepare proposal, press release, company publication;
2. To coordinate with media partners including shooting and editing promotional video;
3. To promote art education programmes and answer enquiry from potential customers;
4. To handle marketing plan for performances and educational programmes.
1. Degree holder or above in communications/ marketing / languages;
2. Minimum 2 years professional experience in marketing/ communications;
3. Strong writing skills in English and Chinese;
4. Knowledge in multi-media is an advantage;
5. Creative, independent and strong interest in drama, drama teaching and community work.
THEATRE COMPANY RESIDENT TECHNICIAN
1. To execute lighting work;
2. To maintain and coordinate company’s lighting equipment that will be used in the theatre as well as to inspect and track inventory in order to ensure items are available for shows;
3. To assist in propping, making and furnishing of in house production under the guidance of the Production Manager and in accordance with the needs of the designer and director;
4. To assist in preparing of stages and the smooth running of all rehearsals and performances;
5. To assist, and may lead the team during production week whenever needed;
6. To manage safety requirements during rehearsals, shows and events.
1. Degree/Diploma in Theatre and Entertainment Arts or equivalent experience;
2. Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese;
3. Able to work under pressure.
ASSISTANT STAGE MANAGER
1. To assist in propping, making and furnishing of in house production (including stage and outdoor performances, education and workshop performances and related activities), under the guidance of the Stage Manager and in accordance with the needs of the designer and director;
2. To assist in preparing of stages and the smooth running of all rehearsals and performances.
1. Degree/Diploma in Theatre and Entertainment Arts or equivalent;
2. Related working experience will be an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Fringe benefits include rest days, public holidays, annual leave, sick leave, maternity leave, paternity leave, medical insurance, employee’s compensation insurance and MPF.
Interested Interested parties please send application letter together with full CV (in both Chinese and English) and expected salary to Ms Leung, Administration Department, Chung Ying Theatre Company, G/F, 10 Borrett Road, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to hr @ chungying.com on or before 26th July 2019. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Applicants who are not invited for interview by 9th August 2019 may consider their application unsuccessful. Enquiry Tel: 3961 9835