Established in 1979, Chung Ying Theatre Company (CYTC) is a reputed theatre organisation financially supported by the Government of the HKSAR and a Venue Partner of Kwai Tsing Theatre, dedicating to promote dramatic arts and develop educational and outreach programmes. We are now looking for enthusiastic candidate to join our dynamic team.
Archives Assistant (Permanent/6-Month Contract)
• Coordinate the information on Chung Ying’s drama productions for the follow-up on the development of the new database, including checking the accuracy of old data, gathering and inputting new data, and finally conducting data migration and test;
• Support in organizing special events of the Archives Department in June 2024;
• Providing research-related assistance;
• Assist in the operation of the repository, including repackaging and shelving archival materials as needed; and
• Support other clerical and administrative work as needed.
• Possess a recognized university degree, preferably in Information Sciences, Archival Studies, History, or related fields;
• Experience in developing a database, using collections management software, or dealing with a large amount of information and data would be an advantage;
• At least 2 years of post-qualification working experience. Relevant experiences in archives, theatre, or related fields would be an advantage;
• Strong attention to detail, able to organize data logically and systematically with a high level of precision;
• A sense of responsibility and mature personality, ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and being a team player;
• Proficiency in computer applications, including MS Office and Chinese word processing is a MUST; and
• Immediate availability is preferred.
• Chung Ying Theatre Company, G/F, 10 Borrett Road, Hong Kong
Interested parties please send an application letter together with a full resume (in both Chinese and English) and expected salary to Administration Department, Chung Ying Theatre Company, G/F, 10 Borrett Road, Hong Kong, or by email to email@example.com on or before 8th March 2024. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Applicants who are not invited for an interview by 26th April 2024 may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Enquires Tel: 3961 9800 (Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.)