Established in 1979, Chung Ying Theatre Company (CYTC) is a reputed theatre organisation financially supported by the Government of the HKSAR and a Venue Partner of Kwai Tsing Theatre, dedicating to promote dramatic arts and develop educational and outreach programmes. We are now looking for high calibre professional to join our dynamic team.
Wardrobe Supervisor 服裝主任
1. To be responsible for overall costume budgeting, making and running of Company productions;
2. To make, alter and coordinate cleaning of costumes and accessories for Company productions;
3. To prepare wardrobe paperwork for running of Company productions (e.g. dressing lists, preset checklists, run sheets etc.);
4. To work closely with designers, directors, production managers and to supervise the work of wardrobe assistants, costume makers, dressers and make-up artists etc.;
5. To be responsible for the care and proper maintenance of all Company costumes and accessories;
6. To attend production meetings, rehearsals and run-throughs to become familiar with the Company productions;
7. To organise and maintain the Company's costumes and accessories stock; and
8. To be in charge of costume loan.
1. Degree holder of The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, major in Costume Arts or relevant qualifications;
2. Candidate with 3 years professional experience in theatrical costuming or equivalent will be an advantage;
3. With knowledge and deep interest in performing arts;
4. Ability to lead and motivate a small team;
5. Good communication skills and excellent orgnisational skills;
6. Experience in wardrobe operations and computer literate;
7. A qualified seamstress with experience in costumes repair; and
8. Good command in written and spoken Chinese and English.
Arts Administrator Trainee –Archive Department (Two-year Contract)
1. Access, categorise, label collections, including identifying, scanning, and describing individual collections and pieces;
2. Assist in housing collections;
3. Process collections into existing systems, databases and metadata; and
4. Provide administration support to the department.
1. Hong Kong permanent resident;
2. With the ability to multitask efficiently and pay close attention to details;
3. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel;
4. A recognised Bachelor's degree in archives and records management, information studies, museum studies, or equivalent; and
5. Interested in archives and records management, arts administration, performing arts and has never worked as full-time staff in any arts organisation.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Fringe benefits include rest days, public holidays, annual leave, sick leave, maternity leave, paternity leave, medical insurance, employee’s compensation insurance and MPF.
Interested parties please send an application letter together with a full resume (in both Chinese and English) and expected salary to Administration Department, Chung Ying Theatre Company, G/F, 10 Borrett Road, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to email@example.com on or before 23rd July 2021. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Applicants who are not invited for an interview by 31st August 2021 may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Enquires Tel: 3961 9800
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.)