Established in 1979, Chung Ying Theatre Company ("Chung Ying" or "the Company") is one of the flagship performing companies financially supported by the HKSAR Government and a Venue Partner of Kwai Tsing Theatre. Chung Ying, being one of the first local theatre companies introducing "Theatre-in-Education" to Hong Kong, is dedicated to promote dramatic arts and pay special effort on educational and outreach programmes. The Board of Directors is now looking for a high caliber Executive Director who will lead the Company with passion and dedication.
Being the administrative chief of Chung Ying, the Executive Director is to
● Report directly to the Board of Directors
● Work side by side with the Artistic Director to develop vision and strategies for the Company’s long-term growth
● Be responsible for the overall business and operation of the Company. This includes leadership in the areas of fundraising, budgeting, financial management, human resources, donors and sponsors communication, programme and activities development, marketing and promotion, board relationship management, etc.
● Plan for development and funding application as well as implement the policies and objectives of the Company
● Explore both local and overseas performance/education and outreach opportunities
● Serve as a key representative of the Company
The Executive Director should
● Demonstrate strong executive leadership skills, and be an aspiring leader with keen enthusiasm for the performing arts
● Have good social network and be able to gain support from different parties, including government departments, board members, staff, donors and sponsors, working partners and industry players
● Have relevant training and at least 10 years working experiences at senior level in managing a sizable performing arts organization (similar working experience in a non-profit organisation would also be considered)
● Preferably have relevant tertiary education background in performing arts and or arts administration
● Be effective in presentation skills, organisational and financial management, and interpersonal communications
● Be fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese, including Cantonese and Putonghua
Salary and Benefits:
Salary offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Fringe benefits include annual leave, maternity or paternity leave, medical insurance, and MPF.
Interested parties please send application letter together with full CV (in both Chinese and English) on or before 6 June 2022 to the following address:
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Chung Ying Theatre Company
G/F, 10 Borrett Road, Hong Kong
Interviews will be arranged on a rolling basis until 20 June 2022. Enquires Tel: 3961 9835
(All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only)