Established in 1979, Chung Ying Theatre Company (CYTC) is a reputed theatre organisation financially supported by the Government of the HKSAR and a Venue Partner of Kwai Tsing Theatre, dedicating to promote dramatic arts and develop educational and outreach programmes. We are now looking for enthusiastic candidate to join our dynamic team.
Head of Education and Outreach
Reporting to the Executive Director and Artistic Director, Head of Education and Outreach takes a leading role in strategic in all areas of work undertaken by the Department of Education and Outreach.Specifically he/she will perform the following duties:
1. To plan the whole range of drama education and community theatre programmes in step with the Company’s development;
2. To lead and manage all staff within the department which includes teaching artists, administration, development and programme staff;
3. To work and liaise with other departments within the Company effectively;
4. To represent the Company to work and negotiate with external partners;
5. To ensure the effective and appropriate delivery of drama education and community theatre programmes;
6. To conduct research on the development of drama and theatre education locally and internationally;
7. To pitch and seek funding for the development of community theatre projects;
8. To serve as the producer of community theatre productions; and
9. To perform any other duties assigned by the Company.
1. Master Degree holder or above in applied theatre / cultural management / social work / performing arts or related disciplines;
2. At least 8 years of sound experience in applied theatre works with 5 years in management roles;
3. Strong vision and passion in education and community arts;
4. Self-motivated, mature, able to work under pressure, good supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills; and
5. Candidate with less experience will be considered as Manager.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Fringe benefits include rest days, public holidays,annual leave, sick leave, maternity leave, paternity leave, medical insurance,employee’s compensation insurance and MPF.
Interested parties please send an application letter together with a full resume (in both Chinese and English) and expected salary to Administration Department, Chung Ying Theatre Company, G/F, 10 Borrett Road, Hong Kong, or by email to email@example.com on or before 25th February 2023. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Applicants who are not invited for an interview by 31stMarch 2023 may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Enquires Tel: 3961 9800
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.)